(b) No certificate holder may use any person, nor may any person serve, as pilot in command unless the certificate holder has provided that person current information concerning the following subjects pertinent to the areas over which that person is to serve, and to each airport and terminal area into which that person is to operate, and ensures that that person has adequate knowledge of, and the ability to use, the information:
(1) Weather characteristics appropriate to the season.
(2) Navigation facilities.
(3) Communication procedures, including airport visual aids.
(4) Kinds of terrain and obstructions.
(5) Minimum safe flight levels.
(6) En route and terminal area arrival and departure procedures, holding procedures and authorized instrument approach procedures for the airports involved.
(7) Congested areas and physical layout of each airport in the terminal area in which the pilot will operate.
(8) Notices to Airmen.
[Doc. No. 17897, 45 FR 41594, June 19, 1980; Amdt. 121–159, 45 FR 43154, June 26, 1980]