(b) The rules of this part do not apply to the operations of airplanes specified in paragraph (a) of this section, when—
(1) They are required to be operated under part 121, 129, 135, or 137 of this chapter;
(2) They have been issued restricted, limited, or provisional airworthiness certificates, special flight permits, or experimental certificates;
(3) They are being operated by a part 125 certificate holder without carrying passengers or cargo under part 91 for training, ferrying, positioning, or maintenance purposes;
(4) They are being operated under part 91 by an operator certificated to operate those airplanes under the rules of parts 121, 135, or 137 of this chapter, they are being operated under the applicable rules of part 121 or part 135 of this chapter by an applicant for a certificate under part 119 of this chapter or they are being operated by a foreign air carrier or a foreign person engaged in common carriage solely outside the United States under part 91 of this chapter;
(5) They are being operated under a deviation authority issued under §125.3;
(6) They are being operated under part 91, subpart K by a fractional owner as defined in §91.1001 of this chapter; or
(7) They are being operated by a fractional ownership program manager as defined in §91.1001 of this chapter, for training, ferrying, positioning, maintenance, or demonstration purposes under part 91 of this chapter and without carrying passengers or cargo for compensation or hire except as permitted for demonstration flights under §91.501(b)(3) of this chapter.
(c) The rules of this part, except §125.247, do not apply to the operation of airplanes specified in paragraph (a) when they are operated outside the United States by a person who is not a citizen of the United States.
(d) The provisions of this part apply to each person on board an aircraft being operated under this part, unless otherwise specified.
(e) This part also establishes requirements for operators to take actions to support the continued airworthiness of each airplane.
[Doc. No. 19779, 45 FR 67235, Oct. 9, 1980, as amended by Amdt. 125–4, 47 FR 44719, Oct. 12, 1982; Amdt. 125–5, 49 FR 34816, Sept. 4, 1984; Amdt. 125–6, 51 FR 873, Jan. 8, 1986; Amdt. 125–9, 52 FR 20028, May 28, 1987; Amdt. 121–251, 60 FR 65937, Dec. 20, 1995; Amdt. 125–31, 64 FR 1080, Jan. 7, 1999; Amdt. 125–44, 68 FR 54585, Sept. 17, 2003; Amdt. 125–53, 72 FR 63412, Nov. 8, 2007]