(1) The location of the existing or proposed airport is included in the current NASP;
(2) In the opinion of the Administrator, the proposed planning would promote the effective location of public airports and the development of an adequate NASP;
(3) The project is airport master planning as defined in §152.3;
(4) If the project has been determined to have areawide significance by an appropriate areawide agency, it has been incorporated into a unified planning work program; and
(5) In the case of a proposed project for airport master planning in a large or medium air traffic hub, in the opinion of the Administrator—
(i) There is an appropriate system plan identifying the need for the airport;
(ii) The absence of a system plan is due to the failure of the responsible planning agency to proceed with its preparation; or
(iii) An existing system plan is not acceptable.
(b) Airport system planning. A proposed project for airport system planning is not approved unless—
(1) In the opinion of the Administrator, the project promotes the effective location of public airports;
(2) In the opinion of the Administrator, the project promotes the development of an adequate NASP;
(3) The project is airport system planning as defined in §152.3; and
(4) When the project encompasses a metropolitan area that includes a large or medium hub airport, the project is incorporated in a unified planning work program.