(1) For more than 2 boardings on a one-way trip or in each direction of a round trip;
(2) On any flight to an eligible point on an air carrier that receives essential air service compensation on that route. The Administrator makes available a list of carriers and eligible routes determined by the Department of Transportation for which PFC's may not be imposed under this section;
(3) Who is a nonrevenue passenger or obtained the ticket for air transportation with a frequent flier award coupon;
(4) On flights, including flight segments, between 2 or more points in Hawaii;
(5) In Alaska aboard an aircraft having a certificated seating capacity of fewer than 60 passengers; or
(6) Enplaning at an airport if the passenger did not pay for the air transportation that resulted in the enplanement due to Department of Defense charter arrangements and payments.
(b) No public agency may require a foreign airline that does not serve a point or points in the U.S. to collect a PFC from a passenger.
[Doc. No. 26385, 56 FR 24278, May 29, 1991, as amended by Amdt. 158–2, 65 FR 34541, May 30, 2000; Amdt. 158–4, 72 FR 28847, May 23, 2007]
NEXT: Sec. 158.11 - Public agency request not to require collection of PFC's by a class of air carriers or foreign air carriers or for service to isolated communities.
PREVIOUS: Sec. 158.7 - Exclusivity of authority.