(1) Covered by the ratings of the repair station applicant;
(2) Covered by the operating certificate and maintenance manual of the air carrier or commercial operator applicant; and
(3) For which the manufacturer applicant has alteration authority under §43.3(i) of this subchapter.
(b) DAS authorizations may be used for—
(1) The issue of supplemental type certificates;
(2) The issue of experimental certificates for aircraft that—
(i) Are altered by the DAS under a supplemental type certificate issued by the DAS; and
(ii) Require flight tests in order to show compliance with the applicable airworthiness requirements of this chapter; and
(3) The amendment of standard airworthiness certificates for aircraft altered under this subpart.
(c) DAS authorizations are subject to any additional limitations prescribed by the Administrator after inspection of the applicant's facilities or review of the staff qualifications.
(d) Notwithstanding any other provision of this subpart, a DAS may not issue a supplemental type certificate involving the exhaust emissions change requirements of part 34 or the acoustical change requirements of part 36 of this chapter until the Administrator finds that those requirements are met.
[Amdt. 21–6, 30 FR 11379, Sept. 8, 1965; 30 FR 11849, Sept. 16, 1965, as amended by Amdt. 21–42, 40 FR 1034, Jan. 6, 1975; Amdt. 21–68, 55 FR 32860, Aug. 10, 1990]