(1) Each operating limitation, including the maximum weight determined under §31.14.
(2) The normal and emergency procedures.
(3) Other information necessary for safe operation, including—
(i) The empty weight determined under §31.16;
(ii) The rate of climb determined under §31.17, and the procedures and conditions used to determine performance;
(iii) The maximum vertical velocity, the altitude drop required to attain that velocity, and altitude drop required to recover from a descent at that velocity, determined under §31.19, and the procedures and conditions used to determine performance; and
(iv) Pertinent information peculiar to the balloon's operating characteristics.
(b) The information established in compliance with paragraph (a) of this section must be furnished by means of—
(1) A Balloon Flight Manual; or
(2) A placard on the balloon that is clearly visible to the pilot.
[Amdt. 31–4, 45 FR 60180, Sept. 11, 1980]