(a) Each applicant for a Certificate of Aircraft Registration must submit the following to the FAA Aircraft Registry—
(1) The original (white) and one copy (green) of the Aircraft Registration Application, AC Form 8050–1;
(2) The original Aircraft Bill of Sale, ACC Form 8050–2, or other evidence of ownership authorized by §§47.33, 47.35, or 47.37 (unless already recorded at the FAA Aircraft Registry); and
(3) The fee required by §47.17.
(b) The FAA rejects an application when—(1) Any form is not completed;
(2) The name and signature of the applicant are not the same throughout; or
(3) The applicant does not provide a legibly printed or typed name with the signature in the signature block.
(c) After he complies with paragraph (a) of this section, the applicant shall carry the second duplicate copy (pink) of the Aircraft Registration Application, AC Form 8050–1, in the aircraft as temporary authority to operate it without registration. This temporary authority is valid until the date the applicant receives the certificate of the Aircraft Registration, AC Form 8050–3, or until the date the FAA denies the application, but in no case for more than 90 days after the date the applicant signs the application. If by 90 days after the date the applicant signs the application, the FAA has neither issued the Certificate of Aircraft Registration nor denied the application, the FAA aircraft Registry issues a letter of extension that serves as authority to continue to operate the aircraft without registration while it is carried in the aircraft.
(d) Paragraph (b) of this section applies to each application submitted under paragraph (a) of this section, and signed after October 5, 1967. If, after that date, an applicant signs an application and the second duplicate copy (pink) of the Aircraft Registration Application, AC Form 8050–1, bears an obsolete statement limiting its validity to 30 days, the applicant may strike out the number “30” on that form, and insert the number “90” in place thereof.
[Doc. No. 7190, 31 FR 4495, Mar. 17, 1966; 31 FR 5483, Apr. 7, 1966, as amended by Amdt. 47–6, 33 FR 11, Jan. 3, 1968; Amdt. 47–15, 37 FR 21528, Oct. 12, 1972; Amdt. 47–16, 37 FR 25487, Dec. 1, 1972; Amdt. No. 47–28, 73 FR 10667, Feb. 28, 2008]