(1) The learning process.
(2) Elements of effective teaching.
(3) Student evaluation and testing.
(4) Course development.
(5) Lesson planning.
(6) Classroom training techniques.
(b) You must receive and log ground training from an authorized instructor on the aeronautical knowledge areas applicable to a sport pilot certificate for the aircraft category and class in which you seek flight instructor privileges.
(c) You do not have to meet the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section if you—
(1) Hold a flight instructor certificate or ground instructor certificate issued under this part;
(2) Hold a teacher's certificate issued by a State, county, city, or municipality; or
(3) Are employed as a teacher at an accredited college or university.
[Doc. No. FAA–2001–11133, 69 FR 44875, July 27, 2004, as amended by Amdt. 61–124, 74 FR 42562, Aug. 21, 2009]
NEXT: Sec. 61.409 - What flight proficiency requirements must I meet to apply for a flight instructor certificate with a sport pilot rating?
PREVIOUS: Sec. 61.405 - What tests do I have to take to obtain a flight instructor certificate with a sport pilot rating?