(b) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this section, this subpart applies to each commercial air tour operator who conducts a commercial air tour operation over—
(1) A unit of the national park system;
(2) Tribal lands as defined in this subpart; or
(3) Any area within one-half mile outside the boundary of any unit of the national park system.
(c) This subpart does not apply to a commercial air tour operator conducting a commercial air tour operation—
(1) Over the Grand Canyon National Park;
(2) Over that portion of tribal lands within or abutting the Grand Canyon National Park;
(3) Over any land or waters located in the State of Alaska; or
(4) While flying over or near the Lake Mead Recreation Area, solely as a transportation route, to conduct a commercial air tour over the Grand Canyon National Park.
[Doc. No. FAA–2001–8690, 67 FR 65667, Oct. 25, 2002. Redesignated and amended by Amdt. 136–1, 72 FR 6912, Feb. 13, 2007]