(b) The allowable advance planning costs consist of planning and engineering expenses necessarily incurred in effecting the advance planning proposal. Allowable cost items include—
(1) Location surveys, such as preliminary topographic and soil exploration;
(2) Site evaluation;
(3) Preliminary engineering, such as stage construction outlines, cost estimates, and cost/benefit evaluation reports;
(4) Contract drawings and specifications;
(5) Testing; and
(6) Incidental costs incurred to accomplish the proposal, that would not have been incurred otherwise.
(c) To qualify as allowable, the advance planning costs paid or incurred by the sponsor must be—
(1) Reasonably necessary and directly related to the planning or engineering included in the proposal as approved by FAA;
(2) Reasonable in amount; and
(3) Verified by sufficient evidence.