(1) Not more than maximum continuous power on each engine;
(2) The landing gear retracted;
(3) The wing flaps retracted; and
(4) A climb speed not less than 1.3 VS1.
(b) One engine inoperative. The steady gradient and rate of climb/descent must be determined at each weight, altitude, and ambient temperature within the operational limits established by the applicant with—
(1) The critical engine inoperative and its propeller in the minimum drag position;
(2) The remaining engine(s) at not more than maximum continuous power;
(3) The landing gear retracted;
(4) The wing flaps retracted; and
(5) A climb speed not less than 1.2 VS1.
[Doc. No. 27807, 61 FR 5187, Feb. 9, 1996]
NEXT: Sec. 23.71 - Glide: Single-engine airplanes.
PREVIOUS: Sec. 23.67 - Climb: One engine inoperative.