(1) For the step landing case
(2) For the bow and stern landing cases
(b) The following values are used:
(2) C 1=empirical seaplane operations factor equal to 0.012 (except that this factor may not be less than that necessary to obtain the minimum value of step load factor of 2.33).
(4) β=angle of dead rise at the longitudinal station at which the load factor is being determined in accordance with figure 1 of appendix B.
(5) W= seaplane design landing weight in pounds.
(6) K 1=empirical hull station weighing factor, in accordance with figure 2 of appendix B.
(c) For a twin float seaplane, because of the effect of flexibility of the attachment of the floats to the seaplane, the factor K 1may be reduced at the bow and stern to 0.8 of the value shown in figure 2 of appendix B. This reduction applies only to the design of the carrythrough and seaplane structure.
[Doc. No. 5066, 29 FR 18291, Dec. 24, 1964, as amended by Amdt. 25–23, 35 FR 5673, Apr. 8, 1970]