(1) Be established by the applicant and approved by the Administrator.
(2) Be included directly or by reference in the propeller type certificate data sheet, as specified in §21.41 of this chapter.
(3) Be based on the operating conditions demonstrated during the tests required by this part as well as any other information the Administrator requires as necessary for the safe operation of the propeller.
(b) Propeller ratings and operating limitations must be established for the following, as applicable:
(1) Power and rotational speed:
(i) For takeoff.
(ii) For maximum continuous.
(iii) If requested by the applicant, other ratings may also be established.
(2) Overspeed and overtorque limits.
[Amdt. No. 35–8, 73 FR 63346, Oct. 24, 2008]