(a) Present evidence satisfactory to the Administrator that he has had at least 3 years of experience as a parachute rigger and has satisfactorily packed at least 100 parachutes of each of two types in common use, in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions—
(1) While a certificated and appropriately rated senior parachute rigger; or
(2) While under the supervision of a certificated and appropriately rated parachute rigger or a person holding appropriate military ratings.
An applicant may combine experience specified in paragraphs (a) (1) and (2) of this section to meet the requirements of this paragraph.
(b) If the applicant is not the holder of a senior parachute rigger certificate, pass a written test, with respect to parachutes in common use, on—
(1) Their construction, packing, and maintenance;
(2) The manufacturer's instructions; and
(3) The regulations of this subpart.
(c) Pass an oral and practical test showing his ability to pack and maintain two types of parachutes in common use, appropriate to the type ratings he seeks.
[Doc. No. 10468, 37 FR 13252, July 6, 1972]