(1) For a use other than that for which it is registered;
(2) Contrary to any safety instructions or use limitations on its label; or
(3) In violation of any law or regulation of the United States.
(b) This section does not apply to any person dispensing economic poisons for experimental purposes under—
(1) The supervision of a Federal or State agency authorized by law to conduct research in the field of economic poisons; or
(2) A permit from the U.S. Department of Agriculture issued pursuant to the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (7 U.S.C. 135–135k).
[Amdt. 137–2, 31 FR 6686, May 5, 1966]