(b) The following markings must be made:
(1) For the never-exceed speed V
(2) For the caution range, a yellow arc extending from the red line specified in paragraph (b)(1) of this section to the upper limit of the green arc specified in paragraph (b)(3) of this section.
(3) For the normal operating range, a green arc with the lower limit at V
(4) For the flap operating range, a white arc with the lower limit at V
(5) For reciprocating multiengine-powered airplanes of 6,000 pounds or less maximum weight, for the speed at which compliance has been shown with §23.69(b) relating to rate of climb at maximum weight and at sea level, a blue radial line.
(6) For reciprocating multiengine-powered airplanes of 6,000 pounds or less maximum weight, for the maximum value of minimum control speed, VMC, (one-engine-inoperative) determined under §23.149(b), a red radial line.
(c) If V
(d) Paragraphs (b)(1) through (b)(3) and paragraph (c) of this section do not apply to aircraft for which a maximum operating speed V
[Doc. No. 4080, 29 FR 17955, Dec. 18, 1964, as amended by Amdt. 23–3, 30 FR 14240, Nov. 13, 1965; Amdt. 23–7, 34 FR 13097, Aug. 13, 1969; Amdt. 23–23, 43 FR 50593, Oct. 30, 1978; Amdt. 23–50, 61 FR 5193, Feb. 9, 1996]
NEXT: Sec. 23.1547 - Magnetic direction indicator.
PREVIOUS: Sec. 23.1543 - Instrument markings: General.