Contact|RisingUp Home

Federal Aviation Regulations

Sec. 47.49 — Replacement of Certificate.

Link to an amendment published at 75 FR 41982, July 20, 2010.

(a) If a Certificate of Aircraft Registration is lost, stolen, or mutilated, the holder of the Certificate of Aircraft Registration may apply to the FAA Aircraft Registry for a duplicate certificate, accompanying his application with the fee required by §47.17.

(b) If the holder has applied and has paid the fee for a duplicate Certificate of Aircraft Registration and needs to operate his aircraft before receiving it, he may request a temporary certificate. The FAA Aircraft Registry issues a temporary certificate, by a collect telegram, to be carried in the aircraft. This temporary certificate is valid until he receives the duplicate Certicate of Aircraft Registration.

NEXT: Sec. 47.51 - Triennial aircraft registration report.
PREVIOUS: Sec. 47.47 - Cancellation of Certificate for export purpose.

Search the FARS for